Some of the collaborative work we lead on includes:
- aligning partners across the South West London Integrated Care System to develop and support ‘one workforce’, including closer working across the health and care sector, local government, the voluntary and community sector and volunteers
- developing smart digital and data systems to connect health and care services, putting you at the centre of your care
- using joined-up data and digital systems to understand local priorities, track delivery of plans, monitor and address health inequalities and continually improve performance and quality
- linking our Integrated Care System partners with local policing, education, housing, safeguarding partnerships, employment and welfare services, to ensure that the NHS plays a full part in achieving wider goals of social and economic development and environmental sustainability
- developing estates, procurement, supply chain and commercial strategies with partners to maximise value for money across the Integrated Care System and support wider goals of development and sustainability
We’re responsible for planning for the future, looking ahead and anticipating the healthcare needs of everyone in South West London.
Health and Care Plans
One of our main roles is understanding what people need from healthcare in South West London and working with other health and care organisations to improve the services you receive.
Working closely with our partners across the Integrated Care System, we’ve developed a Health and Care Plan for each South West London borough. These plans focus on helping people suffering health inequalities – those with the greatest need – and transforming the health and wellbeing of local people.
It’s also our job to make sure that the NHS in South West London has the resources it needs to provide services to you and delivers our plans to improve care in the future.
We work with our partners to assess the healthcare needs of everyone in South West London, and decide what resources – things like money and facilities – are needed.
We allocate resources to each provider collaborative and oversee how they are distributed to organisations providing NHS services, such as NHS trusts.
Getting everyone working together
We make sure that organisations across the NHS are working together as much as possible to minimise costs, increase efficiency, reduce health inequalities and achieve our plans for the future.