Our board is made up of:
- The Chair
- 4 non-executive members
- Chief Executive
- 4 partner members NHS and Foundation Trusts
- Partner member Primary Medical Services
- Partner member Local Authorities
- Chief Finance Officer
- Medical Director
- Director of Nursing
- 6 Place Members
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Find out more about our ICB Board Members.
Roles and responsibilities of the board
Our Board is the senior decision making forum for the ICB and is collectively accountable for the performance of the ICB’s functions. Key decisions and functions reserved for the ICB Board include agreeing the vision, values, and overall strategic direction of the ICB.
Our Board is collectively accountable for the performance of the ICB’s functions.
Further information on the key matters reserved for the Board and any delegated responsibilities are set out in the Scheme of Reservation and Delegation, which be found in the Governance Handbook.
Our Board has a number of sub-committees that support it to carry out its statutory duties. The extent of each committee’s authority to act depends on the powers delegated to it by the Board as described in the Scheme of Reservation and Delegation, which can be found in the Governance Handbook.
The Scheme of Reservation and Delegation sets out:
- Decisions that are reserved to the Board.
- Decisions delegated to the Board’s committees.
- Decisions delegated to individual employees.
The Board remains accountable for all of its functions including those that it has delegated. In discharging their delegated responsibilities committees are required to:
- Comply with the principles of good governance.
- Operate in accordance with the ICB’s Scheme of Reservation and Delegation.
- Comply with the ICB’s Standing Orders (which form a part of the Constitution).
- Operate in accordance with their approved terms of reference.